Wednesday 26 January 2011

Duillond from Dusk till Dawn

Hosted by imgur.com
Isilmewen, Lhas and Duissane playing trio songs.

Last week the regular Hall of Fire RP event was held in Duillond, near the starter areas for elf characters. I've been very quiet on the RP front (and, well, the whole game front tbh) because all the events start around the time when I'm already ready half asleep, so when I've had enough energy to join an event I've mostly just stood to the side, played a song or two and then logged out before my forehead makes acquaintance with the keyboard. The HoF-in-Duillond event was a refreshing change though, and I managed to produce a bit of RP of my own as well, instead of my usual Lhas-is-a-brainless-teenager routine (which is immensely fun at times, but not very satisfying in the long run).

Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com
Lhas is totally not flirting with Lord Anglachelm.

Hosted by imgur.com

As elvish events go, it was the standard 'music, dance, gossip' fare, and at some points there was just too much stuff going on in the chats that I completely lost the thread of the conversations I was having. Note for the future: scatter around a bit when it gets hard to follow even a single conversation. No point in trying to endure it if you don't have to!

Hosted by imgur.com
Hosted by imgur.com
Naruvir sings a song written by professor Tolkien himself.

The event was concluded by an amazing sunrise, which the gathered players greeted in proper elvish fashion with song and warm words. Screenies don't quite do it justice, but the moment was very beautiful and I certainly felt 'in-character' there. I wish I knew any songs or poems so I could someday contribute the way the best role-players on Laurelin do.



And of course, afterwards there was AGAIN a massive shitstorm in the HoF thread on the Laurelin forums, because baaaaaaaaaawwwwww some kin has more members than others and it's overcrowding the elven events and baaaaaawwwwwwwhatisthisIdon'teven--

No comments:

Post a Comment