Tuesday 2 March 2010

Tiny tiny content update

Volume III Book 1 launched today in Europe, and... I played it through in less than three hours. I deliberately took the easy way and went with my hunter, meaning I could port around instantly since the book features a lot of running around the old map. I was soon ninja'd to a kin group doing the same quests, and although all the instances were solo, it was fun to chat on vent at the same time with half a dozen people also doing the same instances (and trying to give directions to some who got lost in theirs).

Btw, remember to show your respect to Gwindeth.

I think the story was pretty good, and a clever foundation for future content. I'm really hoping they'll bring Dunland soon (you can already check out the whole map for that area, including rez circles, on Lorebook!) and expand south towards the Gap of Rohan, and eventually Isengard and Rohan and all that.

The last chapter in the book is a skirmish set in the good old Rift, featuring hugely overgrown fumaroles and a nasty boss fight at the end. I found some moments to spam my neglected screenshot button, so here're some screenies of the fight:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

So I finished the entire book tonight, and now it's several months waiting for the next content update. How should I entertain myself?

Back to raiding and raising alts, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment