Wednesday 2 September 2009

Moors

Lately, as I've sometimes done the last ~weeks before new content updates, I've spent in the Ettenmoors, doing, zomg, PEE VEE PEE. If you've ever had the joy of sitting next to me while I'm getting ganked and are forced to listen to me whine and utter curses when the it's always just me screwing up... well, yeah, me and disappointments don't go too well together ("but I waaaaaaaa~nt him dead, waaaaan~nt"). But Monsterplay in LOTRO is fun, because I get to be this big pretty orc who throws fiery arrows at those disgusting princes on their white horses.

Photobucket
Meet my beautiful Blackarrow: Villemon, my endless source of amusement. He's purple. With manboobs and great hair. Playing Monsterplay (which our tribe calls affectionately 'perseily') is really therapeutic. What's more fun than seeing someone you really dislike on the other side and then light their ass on fire? Why, of course, seeing a friend there and doing him the same!

Photobucket
Photobucket
I also feel that there are more funny personalities behind monster faces than heroes. Whereas freep raids tend to be rather dry, the humour on creepside is often much more, uhm, down-to-earth, and I've often almost rolled off my chair /giggling late in the night. Besides, it's just so much more rewarding to play creepside, knowing that you're always the underdog and one of them would easily be match for 4 of us. When you do get them down, it just feels so good.

Photobucket
I've been a couple times to the Moors with my Lore-master again to finish Rank 4, but it's not nearly as fun as with my dear Blackarrow. The LM is easily the most hated class on the Moors, because everything they do is designed to be as annoying as possible. Luckily my computer lags so horribly when playing freepside that I'm not often tempted to join. Creeping is so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment